Tuesday

Ghost Stories Exhibition


I am photography minor so whenever I get a chance to see something new it excites me. After coming across this exhibit I can honestly say it is something I have never seen before. There is a Tokyo-based architect and design outfit called Nendo. They opened their exhibition called "Ghost Stories" in New York at the Friedman Brenda Gallery. This show features 40 of their Cabbage chairs immersed in a sea of suspended cords that fill the gallery. This creates a visual delight and forces you to physically participate if you want to see the chairs up front. There is a strict black and white color design and very little light which creates the "ghost" effect. To achieve this, Nendo experimented with various techniques to dry the cords that hang from the ceiling. They decided on a rusty marker to control the black coloring. It took Nendo 30 days to color every cord from 3D computer renderng. As a lover of phorography this it is exciting to see something new and innovative and encourages me to look for more and perhaps experiment with alternative processes.


Source
www.core77.com

No comments:

Post a Comment